Wednesday, September 7, 2011

FLARP!

So i have been in Hungary for a week exactly. Homesickness has occured and so has jetlag. Those are two negatives that kept me down for the first few days. It didn't help that I started school the next day and I learned quickly that Europeans arn't the most friendliest people to be new to. Not only do I not know the language that everyone speaks not many people wanted to befriend me anytime soon. Thursday overall was terrible. I was so tired and no one except Dori, Barbi and Gabor would talk to me. Then Friday came and homesickness hit like a wrecking ball. I wanted to be at the football game, with my friends, speaking english, and most of all with my family. I swore I would make it three weeks before I missed anything. I thought wrong. I made it only two days. This Friday night was the first Friday I had spent at home in forever and it was awful. I skyped with Kendall as she was getting ready to go to the high school for the first game. I tried so hard not to cry, and if you ask me, I only shed a few tears and was pretty proud of myself. I had survived three days in europe and as far as I was concerned that was enough. So saturday I skyped my family. They were celebrating David's birthday so the Guajardo's were there also. I didn't want to cry, but i bawled like a big baby and begged my mom to let me come home. I miss everything and everyone so much. She said no. Ha so I'm still here. But Sunday was better because I went to Budapest with my class ( 36 students and makes up the junior class) and i made my first friend! I was so happy. This brings us to Wednesday. School has gone a lot better. People talk to me. I am going to join a dance class when my knee heals up. AND with my knee being hurt I didn't have to run during gym. So maybe it will get better. Who knows? But i do know american's are more acceptive of exchange students and new kids then europeans are. I am thankful for that on one part but wish I had the easy part here. I am living it day by day, and hoping it gets better. My jetlag is finally starting to ware off which is good. All i know is so far, I don't like it when people diss America. Don't do it around the ONLY american here. ha Oh yeah, one of the english teachers just arrived last Monday. He is from Bakersville California. He's my favorite teacher :) But i should go. Write soon. Bye

1 comment:

  1. hey,Girly I love you but Christ Loves you so so much more. You are a strong young women and you can do this. use the time that you feel down and having bad days to spend time with Christ. I am very Proud of you for taking this big step of Faith.

    "In This greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith-- of grater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire-- may be proved enuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."
    1peter1:6-7

    Remember to rejoice in this time in your life, Christ is going to work in you, use you and protect you. You are working for Christ, Christ is county on you. Do everything you do for Christ. Not to please others or try to fit in or all the other stuff as we tend to do as humans. I am guilty I find my self in that sin often. Remind your self This is for Christ. Let him show you the Way. Love and i am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete