Monday, April 16, 2012

the truth

So my last month of being in Hungary has been the best time of my life. I stay active. I have my best friend. and to be honest I am happy. Part of me doesn't want to go home, where the other part of me is so excited to go home, I'll be able to see my family, and my friends. I will go back to cheerleading and camp union and just having a relaxing summer. But overall I'm scared to go back.
People say the reverse culture shock is harder then the culture shock you experienced going abroad to begin with. I remember for months not wanting to be here. That I would do anything to go back to the states. I had no friends and just felt lost. I know thats not how it will be when I go home but I am almost positive that it will be similar. I have lost some close friends of mine but I have also gained some. I have become closer to God and just grew up as a person myself. If you would've asked me 3 months ago if I would ever come back to Hungary, I would've said no flat out. I had my reasons. But now I can't wait to come back. I am already planning a trip back.
See you all on June 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment